Sunday, March 31, 2013

Since I've graduated from University of Indonesia, I didn't have any formal school to attend. I am just working now while taking some courses. But yeah, I still look for some scholarships and apply for it. In November, I applied for the 2012 AMINEF's Community College Initiative Scholarship Program. I chose to study Early Childhood Education because I am now working as a teacher. That was my first time to apply a scholarship. But time flew. I didn't get any news from the AMINEF. So I just tried to forget about it.

In the beginning of December, I was in the middle of the queue in a bank. My index finger played on my smartphone to read some tweets in my Twitter's timeline. I saw an announcement about Korean Scholarship which was held by Geumgang University, Nonsan, South Korea, cooperated with Korean Cultural Center Indonesia. It is a 4 months language training scholarship.

The basic requirements are :
1. Minimum Diploma graduate
2. If you still enroll in a university, you can apply, but you need to attach a reference letter from your Dean.
3. No need a TOEFL / TOPIK Score
4. The birth year is minimum in 1991
5. Make an introductory video in English

For more info, you can just visit Geumgang University website : Geumgang University .

I collected my application on December 17th, 2012. I didn't expect for something, but at least I tried it. As the time goes by, in January 2013, I went to Hongkong for my annual holiday. When I came back to Indonesia, I got an email which stated that I'm failed to get my scholarship :'(( It was such a disaster for me. There were only 13 people who were accepted, including 2 Indonesian girls. Hmmm ... It's maybe not my turn to get a scholarship.

But one day after I taught, I got an email from Geumgang University which notified me as one of the successful applicant! Yup they added 7 more students to join this scholarship ! Yay, my dream came true !

Right now I am currently studying Korean language in an Intermediate Level. It's difficult but the class is really exciting :D

I will write about it in my upcoming posts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Welcome to Aka Kobo Chan's Blog !

I am a broadcasting student. This blog contain everything. You can read about my review, my project plan ( as a broadcaster, absolutely), and whatever they are. So come in ! :-D

By :
Free Blog Templates